Hang out with locals while you soak in the centuries.
- Spend the night with a Quechuan family in their home up in Amaru, an Andean village perched 15,000′ above the Sacred Valley of Peru.
- Meet the neighbors of my South African host for your stroll through Soweto.
- Truffle hunt with my farmer in Umbria, Italy, just as foragers have done for centuries. Then soak alongside locals in hot springs that bubble right in the river.
- Sip vodka and sample caviar as you yacht off the coast of Sitka, Alaska’s first Russian settlement.
- Meet my Easter Island guides: her grandfather headed up the restoration of the Moai in the ’60s and his grandmother was the last baby born in a native settlement at Ovahe Beach before the British took over in 1920s.